Where do I get a timesheet?

You can download a timesheet or you contact West Country for a supply of timesheets. You will be provided with a photocopiable timesheet at interview.

Please remember:

  • We pay one week in arrears of working.
  • To ensure prompt payment it is your responsibility to return timesheets to West Country Educational Agency by 9 am on the Monday following the week you have worked. Do not rely on schools to do this for you.

What do I need to apply?

To work for West Country Educational Agency you must provide original documentation of the following:

  • Proof of a relevant teaching qualification
  • 2 teaching references from recent employers, including your last employer
  • Photographic proof of identity - valid driving licence or passport
  • Proof of address - 2 recent utility bills or bank statements addressed to you
  • Proof of legal status to work in the UK
  • National Insurance number
  • CRB and /or recent overseas police check
  • 4 recent passport size photographs
  • Recent Child Protection Certificate
  • Proof of change of name if necessary


In addition you will be expected to have:

  • Recent experience of teaching/support work
  • A good command of the English language

All teachers will be interviewed personally at our West Country Educational Agency office.

How do I get a DBS Disclosure?

We can apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly Criminal Records Bureau) on your behalf to conduct an Enhanced DBS disclosure check, for you. There will be a small charge for this service, from the DBS.

How do I make a complaint?

West Country endeavour to offer you the best service possible. If there is something you believe needs improving or would like to feedback on, please address your queries to:

Mrs P. Wiltshire
West Country Educational Agency Ltd
1 Canon Square
SN12 6LX

Or email us using the Contact Us page on this site.

We aim to respond to every complaint within 7 days.

How often will I get paid?

West Country pay all staff on a weekly basis, one week in arrears, directly into their nominated bank account.

How much will I get paid?

Teachers / Support staff pay rates are based on the current rates of pay which are very competitive, and you will be clearly informed of these.

I currently live overseas. How do I register?

As a person living overseas we are unable to process your application until you reach the UK. Overseas teachers are required to provide proof of comparative qualifications, formal certification is provided by UK NARIC, visa and permission to work in the UK. All teachers must attend a personal interview with one of our consultants prior to working for West Country.

You can however register your interest in working for West Country from your home country. We will then activate your file when you arrive in the UK.